Portable air conditioners have become very common in recent years. A lot of men and women use them even if they have a fundamental system because mobile AC can provide excellent cooling for a significantly lower price. Find out about the advantages and disadvantages of a cell AC unit and if you can get the job done for you. A portable air conditioner is a self contained unit, usually Approximately 30 inches tall and about 80 lbs in weight.
Portable A/C pros:
- You are able to move your mobile unit from room to room, so there is not any need to purchase window-mounted air conditioners for every single room
- You do not need to block your window or create holes in your wall – a mobile AC is ready to use when you unpack it
- Using portable units to cool just one room rather than switching on a central system saves you a whole lot on energy bills
Parable system cons:
- A mobile unit costs slightly more than a window air conditioner with a similar cooling capability
- Much like central air conditioning and mini-split systems in which the compressor is outside, mobile AC is loud. If noise is a problem, consider the testimonials of many portable units and pick the one which makes the least noise.
Is mobile AC effective in heating large rooms?
That depends upon the size of your unit. Small portable units with Cooling capabilities of about 8000 BTU are fantastic for a 300 sq. foot space, while bigger 24000 BTU models can efficiently cool a 1000 sq. foot area. So, as you can see, a properly sized mobile AC can do a fantastic job even in a really large room. But you should know that bigger does not necessarily mean better and you can try this out https://www.techtimes.com/articles/260837/20210529/breeze-maxx-reviews-read-before-you-buy-this-portable-air-conditioner.htm. An air conditioner that is too big will absorb more energy and will not cool your room efficiently, since it is going to stop and begin constantly.
Mobile air conditioners energy efficiency
Everybody understands that air conditioners chew plenty of energy, so energy efficiency is a huge issue. However, recent improvements in technology enable manufacturers to create very efficient units. A couple of years back an EER energy efficiency ratio of 6 or 7 was considered great. Now the standard is 12 or higher.
To conclude, if you do not have air conditioning and do not feel like investing in a fundamental system, a mobile AC can be a fantastic alternative. And in case you have got a central AC, it is still a fantastic idea to have a mobile unit for cooling only the room you are in, rather than the whole house. It can significantly lower your bills.